Current job openings at The Spanish-American Center, Inc.
OPEN POSITION AS OF 9/2/20
JOB TITLE: Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for handling front office reception and assisting with clerical duties, including greeting clients and other visitors; answering the phone; providing general information about the Spanish American Center (SAC); referring clients and others to the appropriate staff member for further information and assistance. This position is also responsible for entering preliminary client information into our agency database.
1. Welcome visitors to the agency and ensure that they are comfortable.
2. Answer phone and direct calls to appropriate staff member for assistance.
3. Provide general information about SAC and its mission.
4. Ensure reception area is clean and tidy.
5. Collect and distribute incoming mail to the appropriate staff.
6. Take and relay messages.
7. Return phone calls as requested and schedule appointments as needed.
8. Complete initial data entry on each client entering the Center, while ensuring confidentiality
9. Ensure that all messages left on the SAC main number mail box are retrieved and communicated quickly..
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
POSITION STATUS: This is a full time position
1. Ability to communicate clearly in both Spanish and English
2. Ability to write messages and relay accurate information
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English required: Bi-cultural preferred
4. Ability to maintain welcoming and calm demeanor
5. Excellent skills with computers and experience with data entry functions.
6. Ability to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation
OPEN POSITION AS OF 8/18/20:
SPANISH AMERICAN CENTER, INC.
Job Title: At Risk Youth Program Coordinator
Responsible to: SAC’s Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
- Responsible for the overall daily operations of the program.
- Collaboration with community agencies.
- Responsible for intakes, consent, and information letters
- Help Engagement Coordinator with recruitment of participants
- Fill out Risks Assessments forms and intakes forms
- Establish goals with participants
- Implement Logic Model for Shannon Programs as much as possible
- Be able to do mini workshops on self- esteem issues, health, nutrition, academics, bulling and harassment and others
- Work with small group and individually if needed to advance program’s goals
- Utilize volunteers such as students from MWCC, or Fitchburg State
- Keep track of all data and reporting information requested by the Shannon Grant Funding Sources
- Work in collaboration with Fitchburg State with low/moderate Focus Groups
- Conduct assessments if needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Position Status: Part time, up to 15 hours per week or up to 3 hours per day.
- A degree in human services, education or related field
- Experience working with multicultural youth preferred
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to use a computer, internet, email, and document preparation
- Knowledge of community resources beneficial to youth, ( i.e., Police Department)
- Valid MA. Driver’s License and access to registered motor vehicle
- Ability to perform essential duties and functions with or without reasonable accommodations
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred
To apply: forward your resume and cover letter to:
To apply for any of the above job opportunities, please submit your Cover letter, Resume, and the names and contact information for two (2) professional employment references via e-mail through the email address/application button below. Please specify which position in which you are interested in your SUBJECT Line on your submission. ALL SAC Employees must be able to pass CORI screening.